POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) NOTICE
This Notice explains how we as a club obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
- We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details either via communication with a committee member or on the ComeHike website (‘the website’);
- Members have access to the information held on them through the website. Such information may be updated, corrected or deleted either by the member or committee member;
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, contact the secretary and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- Information of members will not be made public under any circumstances;
- The Club will only gather information and store it in order to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract (in our instance providing hiking services) to which the member is party;
- The Club has to look at its needs of members’ information and ensure that it is used only for that purpose;
- The Club obtains and stores personal information in a secure manner and it is accessible only by committee members and hike leaders for the purposes of fulfilling their functions in the Club, including, but not limited to:.
- dealing with notices of club activities to members such as newsletters;
- sending of statements for subscriptions;
- the enabling of hike leaders to access contact details for dissemination of hike information to hikers;
- communicating with friends or family in the event of an emergency.
- Committee members and hike leaders understand that:
- Club members have a right to privacy regarding all their personal information and contact details;
- The information cannot be disseminated to any third parties;
- The information can only be utilised for the specific purposes as indicated above.
It is also important to note that if the security over the information is hacked in some way, members will be notified thereof as soon as reasonably possible. In order to prevent such breach of security, reasonable steps are in place to secure the information.
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact the secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org.